Friday, October 31, 2008

10/29 Capitol Hill Run

I really don't know why I run with B. He's sadistic. :) He sent out an email asking if anyone was up for going around the lake + ?. Which is what I had in mind. While we were suiting up he asked if I wanted to run Queen Anne again. I passed. He asked if I had tried Interlaken and Galer, which are on the marathon route. (I think we ran them in reverse, actually.) I said no, and why not.

I'm not sure how far we ran, because we did some trails in Interlaken and Boren Parks that I can't see through the trees. :) Say 8 miles, maybe 8.5. In 1:15. (Which was a bout a 9:20 pace, so I'm feeling a little better about it all) (I know for a fact that the first 3 miles started at 8:30/mile or so. Then we started hitting hills. The up hill ended about 6.5 miles in. Then it was 'all downhill' :)

I went back to the balanced athlete before the run and swapped out my shoes. Debbie(?) helped me out again, and we went through the whole process from scratch. The Foundation 8s aren't giving me enough support. After a couple of different shoes I'm now in Pearl Izumi Sychroglide 2s. Very nice shoe, and they worked well on this run. Possibly a hotspot on the left big toe, but it looks like that was a seam in my socks.

And yes, I do know why I run with B. It's not that he's sadistic. I'm a masochist. :) I know that if I run with him I'm going to get a good workout. And I want to get better. So...

I'm not exactly keeping up in Internet time, and meant to comment over on Claire's blog, but I'm never sure what the etiquette is for commenting on blogs two weeks later (or more). Anyway, Speedy Speed Racer had an amazing post about training hard, etc... Read for yourself and see what you thinking A huge amount of it makes sense to me. I need to figure out what my body can handle before I get stuck in too deep. That being said, I think I just want to do the best I can do compared to myself and not necessarily competitively, so some doesn't apply (until I change my mind, anyway)

No comments: