Thursday, October 9, 2008

10/08 Med. Long Run

10.25 miles (10.13 tracked) in 1:28:15 (8:42/mile)

I've got this idea for a really cool run tracking system ala the 4 million that already exist, including Breaking The Tape (which I use). I spent a lot of this run playing with design details. Now I just need to remember to write down all these cool ideas so I remember them when I have the time to code it. :)

Probably ran this too fast, but I've realized, again, that it's really hard for me to slow down once I've picked a speed, even if it was too fast. If I start slow I can stay slow, but if I start fast, I tend to stay fast.

Tried my first batch of Sharkies, in the Citrus Squeeze flavor. I don't know why I'm being so stubborn about this. Chewing while running == bad! The flavor wasn't bad, but seemed to have a little much grapefruit flavor me. The bag has 140 calories, so you had to dole them out, then put the bag back away, kind of a pain.

Got on the road really late for a work run, close to 1:45. I last ate at around 10, missed getting lunch because of a lunchtime technical talk, then went out for the run. Came back and I thought I was going to die. I was hungry, my intestinal tract decided it wanted some attention, and the run had thrashed my lower abs. Finally got everything taken care of, and then had to call Val to tell her I was going to be late, since I still hadn't gotten much useful work in. :)

The new kicks gave me a blister that I started to feel around mile 5 or 6. Nothing to make me stop, but uncomfortable. Seemed fairly deep on the inside of my right heel. I think that same foot gave me some trouble with the 7s too, so we'll see. Little bit of upper foot numbness too, but I'm pretty dang sure that's just a lacing issue.

No comments: