Friday, October 17, 2008

10/16 Run

I took a vacation day and went to work at my other job. Employee #2 at Innovative Design Works. My wife's interior design company. I'm her installer, furniture builder, general handyman. She had a job that needs to be done today (Friday) and needed to get some faux TVs and mirrors hung, and some drapes installed. A nice break from the computer monitor.

Since we were down that way, I was able to drop by The Balanced Athlete and get the SuperFeet I've been sniveling about for the last week or so.

Because I worked through lunch for Val I ended up running around the block late, around 9 pm. I was having trouble feeling the love for the run, so I grabbed the iPod and got out the door. It was nice, so nor LS shirt and pants like Wednesday's run.

Not sure if it was breaking in new SuperFeet, running late, or residual damage from yesterdays run, but this one was unpleasant. Knee aches and pains, including some new ones, twinges, tightness, etc... I'm glad I went out with some music.

It was odd. I normally thinking about running or running related stuff, but the music played with my perspective or something made me think a lot about high school and my first semester in college (at Colorado State). Some was just retrospective stuff, but some was thinking about things I would do differently, maybe.

I'm unbelievably happy with who I am and how my life is, but I look back sometimes and see 'mistakes' and missed opportunities, and think it would be neat to try it again and see how things would have worked differently with the knowledge and world view I have now. Or maybe not going all the way back, just being able to give my younger self a nudge in a different direction.

6.18 miles in 58:32

No comments: