Thursday, October 9, 2008

10/09 Run

5 miles (4.88 tracked) in 45:58 (9:25/mile)

Another recovery run. I was super consistent with splits, but not as slow (as usual) as I thought I should be.

Humming Katy Perry's new track, Hot and Cold kept me occupied. I almost brought my iPod, but given my inability to keep the pace down I decided it would pump me up too much.

Was the same temperature as yesterday, but felt much colder. Probably the humidity? On a related note, they seem to have turned the heat down in the locker room. Makes it a little unmotivating (is that a word? :)) to get suited up and out. It's a great temp when you're all hot and sweaty though. :)

Played with the sock liner to try to alleviate the blister and it seemed to work for a few miles, but it came back at about mile 4. I think the real answer is to get the danged SuperFeet that fit and that will raise my feet up off whatever it is I'm rubbing on. Maybe. :)

Noticed some pretty intense chub rub along my inner thighs this run. I think I was running with my legs a little closer together to try to avoid the blister and associated pain. I suspect the answer here s compression shorts (which is why I wear them on my longer runs) or more Body Glide. I'll try that next week.

Looks like the group 22 miler may not work. I've got to take a 2 day Oracle class that weekend. I'll probably take a comp day on Friday before and run it then instead. B mentioned he might run it with me and just get in to work late.

Despite trying not to bitch about aches and pains, I will say that the only thing that is consistently off is that my knees feel a little 'bruised'. Hands and knees chasing Little Miss is to be avoided if possible.

No comments: