Thursday, October 23, 2008

10/22 Med. Long Run

B and C went out for a short one to the Freemont Bridge and back, I went out for two laps around the lake. I really needed the distance... It's been crazy here at work. I work for a Merck subsidiary, and our site will be gone by end of next year. By the time I got back from 12.36 miles I couldn't feel my legs, or my brain. :) Nice to be able to take advantage of some of the benefits of running. :)

With the boys running short, I went out WAY too fast for the first mile and a half. Around 8:30 pace. Slowed down a lot, and managed to run the loops at a 9:29 pace. A little fast, but much better overall than the start.

Got to be a geeky runner and stop, while on my run, at a triathlon shop along the route (Speedy Reedy) and pick up GUs for this run and the weekend, and then take off 5 minutes later. Thanks to Speedy Reedy for letting me sweat all over their store. I'm going to need to walk up and check them out when I'm in less of a rush. :)

My left knee started bitching at me for no apparent reason at around mile 5. I could have bagged it, but instead I slowed down a little and went around again. It seized up when I stopped running and waited for alight after I was done and then seemed like it was OK for a while. It was pretty damned uncomfortable last evening and overnight. I sucked down some Advil and seem to be working better. :)

I've got an Oracle training from 8:30 -5:30 both days this weekend, so I was going to run my long run tomorrow (Friday) morning. We'll see. If my knee cooperates I'll do it all, if not I'll shoot for two laps (12ish), and if it's really bad I'll bag it when It bitches and see how next week goes.

The new shoes are still being fussy, I'm getting some 'bruising' on the toes on my left foot and still some blistering on my right heel. Time to go back to the store I guess.

No comments: