Thursday, October 9, 2008

10/06 Run

5 miles (4.88 tracked) in 39:45 (8:08/mile)

Ran with B and C again. A very fast run. not a lot of talking on my part. Did discuss marathon goal and what pace I should be running. Basically came to no real conclusion. I can either pick a pace (what pace? What's reasonable?), or I can just play it by ear. (Yeah, that's a good idea. :)) I think I'm still pretty set on trying to beat 4 hours (even by a second). McMillan says I could do 3:56 (admittedly that's based on my 10K time, and I'm not going to be doing the mileage people seem to think makes McMillan accurate), and the Parrot predictor on Breaking The Tape says between 3:56 and 3:57 or so. I won't get crazy about this till after I do the last long run and see what happens with that. (3 more to go... 20, 22, 22)

We're considering getting together on the 25th for a 22 miler around Lake Sammamish. We'll see how that schedules out.

No comments: