Monday, October 20, 2008

10/20 Run

Ran around the lake with B & I. haven't run with I in a while so this was nice. Kept a human pace for a change, but they both commented on the change n my running, and the fact that I was able to keep up with no problem AND hold a conversation.

Discussed the fueling thing, and what I would do for the next 3 weeks of potential long runs. My plan for 22, 12,22, taper seems to be what everyone recommends.

Asked for opinions of local 50 milers, apparently Mount Si is a fairly non technical, rails to trails ultra. Sounds like a good one to start with. It's in April though, and I'm probably not going to be ready for that. Maybe 2010, unless I find an 'easy' one later in 2009. Running the Cougar Mountain Trail series for some trail experience was also recommended.

Around 6.4 in around 55:30 (something like 8:50/mile)

1 comment:

*lisa* said...

your progress always amazes me, aaron! here i am struggling with 6 miles still and you're cruising through 22 and talking about 50!