Monday, October 13, 2008

10/11 Long Run

12.36 miles in 1:56:20 (9:24/mile)

Ah, the joys of the fallback week. :) I actually had some energy left for the rest of the day after the run. :)

Ran the 'block' clockwise for this run. It's harder than counterclockwise. Something about the long downhill I think.

Another interesting note, similar to the 3 day hunger issue. It looks like I put on about 2-3 pounds over the course of the two days after a long run. It comes off a few days later, but WTF!!! We got a new Tanita scale, and are doing a morning weigh in daily to try to see how things look (Val plateaued for 6 or 7 weeks. same exercise, same diet, and a statistically impossible no weight change. WTF?!?!)
Anyway, with that information we can start seeing some interesting correlations.

Finally registered for the 2008 Seattle Marathon. I'm officially committed now. :)

I got 3 bags of Sharkies when I got them, and I'm not going to just eat them as a snack, so I used another bag on this run. The Berry something flavor. Not a bad flavor. They seem to be easier to eat cold. It was 43 when I left and 41 when I got back in, it seemed to stiffen up the gummy material and make it easier to chew.

Went out in long sleeves, pants and gloves. Looking at some of the other runners out there I felt downright under dressed. I was fine after the first mile. Might get some tights though instead.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I liked Sharkies too when I tried them... but then again, I'm not too picky about my on-the-run snacks.