Thursday, January 7, 2010

1/6 Run

The light workout from the baselines didn't leave me sore, but I could tell my abs were a little more tired than normal.

I went out with Bruce, and as he was going to go back out for a track workout that evening, we just went around the lake. Not as fast as the last time, which is a bit of a bummer. By HR this was a Tempo run, by pace it was out of the McMillan range by 5-8 seconds a mile. I just didn't have 8/mile in me for this run.

I did some talking the first few miles, and then had to shut up, hunker down, and hold on. We got snagged by at least two lights, which was a bit of a blessing. :)

Unlike the rest of the country, we've been having a relatively mild winter so far, high 40s and, yay!, it was dry!.

We had a brief discussion about Michael Pollan's 'In Defense Of Food'. Which I'm finding to be fascinating. We'll see if I can integrate any of his ideas for healthy eating into my life. I'm still trying to internalize the concepts in the book, which made it hard to have an intelligent discussion, because I really had trouble explaining out loud the concepts that in my head. Very frustrating.

6.54 miles in 54:06 (8:16/mile) @ 170 bpm (91% MHR)

No comments: