Sunday, January 3, 2010

12/30 Medium Long Run

I had planned to run yesterday, but apparently moving furniture that hasn't moved in years, from 15 year old carpet, raises some NASTY dust. Totally trashed my sinuses, and I finally forced my way out the door after an extra day off.

Decided to go out for 10ish. 10 today, 10 tomorrow and I'm over 1700 for the year. So... out through Mill Creek and around for a late night.

The run started out ominously, with a fairly heavy headwind. I though the jangle in my left calf was back, but it settled out earlier than normal, and I was moving comfortably pretty early in the run. Might actually be healing.

Only a handful of other runners out at 10, but all were friendly. :)

I was running fast, and it felt good. I was trying to just run by feel, with the idea that I'd do some tempo intervals or something similar. It just turned into a nicely hard, fast run. HR was WAY up for some of the paces though, so that dust might actually be something else. Like a cold.

Great run pace-wise, only 4 seconds off half marathon pace. This level of speed really makes you realize how much core work I need. Some lower back, but a lot of abdominal too.

I miscalculated the route and it ended up being a mile and a half longer than I thought for...

11.5 in 1:36:36 (8:24/mile) @ 170 bpm

No comments: