Friday, January 22, 2010

1/17 Medium Long Run

Saturday (1/16) started normally. :) Up at 6, get sidetracked by the dishes while I try to wake up and convince myself that I really want to go run on what appears to be the coldest morning in a few weeks. Just as I've talked myself into wearing jacket and gloves and sucking it up at around 6:45, I hear the pitter patter of little feet. And the slam of a dresser drawer. Crap. Kaitlyn's up. I wander upstairs and find her harassing Val. Kaitlyn hasn't learned the rule that you don't wake the pregnant woman early, so we head downstairs for some father/daughter time. :) Later in the day, after a 10am nap, and then a nap when Kaitlyn when down for hers, I decided to bag the run for the day. :)

Sunday was a very pleasant run. Not being sure about my back (responding nicely to twiceadays on the foam roller) and calf (also responding well to the foam roller), I decided to do two loops around the block so I could bail early if my body complained, and to only do 2 laps (~12 miles) and take it easy. I'm well behind where I would like to be for Mt. Si prep, but it'll work itself out.

Up at 6 again, out by 6:45. (Kaitlyn woke up at a more weekend normal 7:45. :)) Ground was wet, but no active rain for the whole run. Whee! Temps were back up to low 40s, too which made it much easier to get out. I went ahead and wore jacket and gloves, so I had no excuse. :) Gloves came off early, jacket stayed on all run.

I had planned on running counterclockwise, then switching directions for the second loop, but decided to just keep moving forward. :) I had some motivation problems at mile 5 or so, but the sun finally came up and my calf finally warmed up, so the second lap felt pretty good.

Interestingly, Emory's, a local restaurant that caught fire a few months ago is finally being torn down. Hopefully they will rebuild. Oh, and the "Bikini Espresso Hut" has closed it's doors. :) Other than that, nothing interesting to report. :)

12.32 miles in 1:55:18 (9:22/mile) @ 151 bpm

No comments: