Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quick 3 Miler

3 miles in 23:34 (7:51/mile)

Ran this Wednesday night at 9:45. Nice 62 degree run, very little traffic, and a light breeze.

I ran with my iPod for the first time in probably 4 months. I've been being an music running bigot, internally at least (oh, look how disciplined and cool I am, running without music, entertaining myself. :)), and I'd forgotten how nice it is to run with tunes. I'm going to have to get some playlists together, because wandering through my iPod on Shuffle just isn't cutting it.

My knee was a little warm and stiff, maybe a few twinges, as I walked down to the start point, but I didn't have any problems on the run. I stiffened up a little when I had to stop to tie my shoe. I'm a little tight and sore today, but it's definitely starting to get better, and the running doesn't seem to be aggravating it too much.

splits:
mile1 - 8:14 (lost about 10 seconds at a light)
mile2 - 7:40(had to stop and tie my shoe)
mile3 - 7:40

1 comment:

Laura said...

I really really hate running without my iPod - I don't know how you do it!