Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fast Work Run

5.76 miles in 46:21 (8:02/mile)

Another lunch time run, 63, cloudy, we just missed the drizzles. Ended up running with "J" from the club.

That was interesting. "J" is a 3:05 marathoner, won his last trail marathon with that time. I ran a 'little' harder than I should have the first half keeping up with him. But. I was able to do it. I wanted to die for big chunk of the last half of the run but kept plugging along. Thank goodness I was able to drop him off at the SPU track (about 2 miles in) so I could slow down. That being said, I didn't slow down till I hit the turn around. Then my pace just died.

Other runners were much friendlier today then they have been in a while, got a smile and a wave, and just as I hit the turn around I got a friendly smile from a runner who I had passed a little bit ago.

New yacht is in town. Piano Bar, apparently owned by the Yellowstone Club (whatever that is).
Pretty picture here


Was really glad it was cooler, had to run with my compression shorts since I suffered some inner thigh chafing yesterday.



splits:
1 - 7:58
1.88 - 14:31(7:43 pace)
(07:48 pace for the first half)
1.88 -15:52 (8:26 pace; slow down much? think I went out a little fast? )
1 - 8:01
(8:16 pace for the second half)

No comments: