Thursday, July 3, 2008

Late Night Run

4.56 miles in 44:50 (9:49/mile)

Ran late last night (9:45) in 70 degree and 75% humidity. (The humidity was a change, the temp wasn't bad with no sun. :) ) It was a decent, slow, run. It was a completely new run, so I missed all sorts of way points so my splits are all wonky. I probably should have brought a flashlight with me for a couple of stretches.

I've had a number of odd aches and pains I've been worried about on and off all week, including an odd lower calf/tendon pain in my left calf that I can't explain. I haven't done anything to it, it just hurts. When I finished my right knee practically locked up tight. After some research and talking with people, I'm blaming the Valtrex. Fortunately, I've got one pill left then I'm done. It seems to have done it's job knocking down the shingles expansion, but the side effects aren't welcome. I probably won't run today, but if I'm feeling right I'll run on the weekend, hopefully a nice long one to get back in the groove.

Given that I can't trust how my body is feeling, and I'm don't want to spend $25 to run a race as a training run, then beat myself up for it, I'm not going to run the 10K tomorrow. I've been considering it for a few days, but last night's run just fixed it in my head. I can do the distance, but if I'm going to pay money, I want to give it may all. I haven't registered, so I'm not out any money. And honestly, I'm just not feeling it. I really just want to sit in a chair and stare at a wall for a few hours. I'm considering the Swedish Medical Center SummeRun on 27 July instead. It looks like a hilly course though, (part of it is the last part of the Seattle Marathon, so maybe it's a vote FOR the race actually). I'll do some more research this weekend.

splits:
mile1 - 10:50 (actually 1.11, so 9:46 pace)
mile2 - 9:12 (actually 0.89, so 10:20 pace)(some hills here)
mile3 - 10:01 (last of the big hill, then some downhill)
mile4 - 9:29 (nice and flat)
0.56 - 5:18 (9:28 pace)

No comments: