Monday, July 28, 2008

Finally, A Run At Work

4.88 miles in 40:19 (8:15/mile)

Ran at lunch. About 70, sunny, no clouds. Not sure how you people in hot climates do it. I think I may stick to night runs. :)

Decided to explore past my normal turnaround when I run up Westlake. Ran to the end of the Ship Canal Trail (about a mile longer than normal on this route), and then back down. Nice trail. I hope they get the expansion finished next year so I can run further down it.

Hernia cooperated again and my knee seemed almost like it was back to normal again.

A really nice run. I think I'll run the same route again on Wednesday.

splits
1 - 8:24
.55 - 4:17 (7:47 pace. I find that hard to believe, but that's what the math says)
.89 - 7:03(7:55 pace)
.89 - 7:34 (8:30 pace. Pretty worn out coming back. must have been those first 3 miles. :)
.55 - 4:51 (8:49 pace)
1 - 8:10 (Again, hard to believe, especially given speed at previous split)

1 comment:

MomOf4 said...

This is great! It makes me want to start running again. I am walking but the running is so much more satisfying. I love setting hard goals and then reaching them! Good job!!!