Monday, November 9, 2009

11/9 Run

After a weekend of nursing my foot, I limped into work, bought a bag of peas on the walk in from the bus and started icing in earnest. I had, optimistically, brought in my running gear, but ended up not using it at lunch. After some quality time walking around the office in sock feet, a few Motrin, and a couple of sessions with my 'ice pack', I was feeling more like normal.

I went to the gym in the evening to test things out on a nice level treadmill. No inclines, nothing fancy. If the running didn't work, I was going to switch to the elliptical and see if I could survive that.

BTW, after some research online and thumbing through Runners World, lack of impact on the elliptical means add 30% time to the equivalent amount of running. i.e. 60 minute run ~= 78 minutes on the elliptical.

Also... did you know you can lace your shoes in more ways than just the standard way? Snort. Apparently one of the ways to deal with the rubbing/pressure on the top of the foot is to switch to a Straight (Box) lacing style. I set up the shoes that way for this run and it seems to work pretty well. The spot on my left foot still seems to get a bit of wear, but the newly 'injured' right foot ("Dr." Google says extensor tendonitis). A whole site about lacing

Rana t 0% with now problems at all. Lacing is a bit harder to tightened to a comfortable snugness, but I can work that out. Yay! No pain.

Remembered to put in my HR strap, forgot Garmin. :(

6.2 miles @ 0% in 56:20 (9:05/mile) @ unk. bpm

No comments: