Monday, November 16, 2009

11/14 Run

The original plan for Saturday was to get up and do my last long run in the morning. A night of the most bizarre not sleeping, I was just AWAKE, and the residue of the cold meant that I rolled back over and went back to sleep instead.

Val and Kaitlyn were both a bit off, so I didn't get out till Kaitlyn went down for her nap, around 2:45. It was really nice to run during the day, with no rain. :)

A chilly, windy, clockwise run around the block at home. It was ~40, but all the weather sites said the "feels like" was closer to 35. I'd believe that. Decided it was good weather to try out the Craft long sleeve in combination with the new jacket, and tights. Also tried out my new Outdoor Injinjis. Mmmmm. Merino Wool...

The jacket is definitely windproof and water resistant. The high neck on the Craft shirt took a little getting used to. Warm shirt, the only problem is the long tail causes the sweat to wick to your butt. Which then gets soaked and cold. :|

The Outdoor Injinjis are super warm and comfy. They're about 4 times thicker than the Performance models, and made of Merino Wool. Breathable and wicking. My only objection is that they are a quarter sock and are probably going to look seriously odd in shorts.

As I've complained about before, I'm having trouble keeping my pace down, so I just decided to make sure I didn't get too carried away and turn this into a tempo run or something brutal. It ended up being within a few seconds a mile of being a marathon goal pace run.

I had considered from the beginning doing 10 and trying to make this a super-duper weekend ala RnR Seattle training, but regained my senses about halfway through and just did the 6.

6.18 miles in 53:29 (8:39/mile) @ 159 bpm (85%)

No comments: