Thursday, November 5, 2009

11/2 Recovery Run

I've let the race report sit up at the top of the page long enough. :) Time to get caught up.

I took Sunday off after Carkeek, and ran Monday with Bruce out to the Freemont Bridge and back. Nice and easy, actually using the heart rate component of the Garmin and trying to keep it under 143.

Needless to say, we discussed the race and running the whole time. :)

Bruce had some great advice regarding pairing a handheld flashlight with a headlamp that I'll have to try the next time I run in the dark. Essentially, use both. :) The handheld is more responsive when you want to check things out, and throws better shadows.

Thighs were a little sore, and the small muscles around my ankles seem to have developed a bit of soreness as well. Good run to shake things out.

3.54 miles in 34:58 (9:53/mile) @ 135 bpm

No comments: