Thursday, November 19, 2009

11/19 Run

Not so much with the rain missing today. :) At least it was near 50. Got out a little late. I forgot there was a Holiday party at work until Outlook pinged me just as I was getting up to go run. I wandered upstairs and grabbed a plate of food for later, and then went for a run.

I talked up the run to a few people. Not to show off, which is what it probably sounded like, but to make sure I got out there and did it. Which I did.

It rained the first 3.5 miles, and then tapered off, and there was some wind, but at least the rain was mostly vertical.

I've got this thing where i have trouble backing off if I start too fast. Evidence this run. I was running a bit faster than I should have been to clear some puddles, and a couple of really nasty splash zones in the street. And then I just kept going, because that's what felt right.

Well, it might have been a 'bit' fast, but according to the guys at Hansens it takes 10 days for a workout to show it's effects. So this was perfect. :) And since I'm in taper, so resting and eating at 100%, I'm all perky. This nice flat 5 mile Tempo run just left me feeling perky. Not wiped out like they normally do. And it was within 2 seconds/mile of my 10K pace, and 5 point lower in HR!

When I got back the gang that I had been chatting with was still hanging around, so we started talking again. Apparently, I'm now doing the running leg of a yet to be determined multisport relay next year. :) This'll be fun!!!

5.06 miles in 39:00 (7:43/mile) @ 168 bpm

7:49 159
7:33 170
7:50 169
7:48 171
7:37 174
0.06 - 6:44 177

No comments: