Monday, August 31, 2009

8/30 Medium Long Run

Ran the same route I did yesterday, only the opposite direction.

Crazy first mile, with HR peaking at 175. Which I'm pretty sure is a HRM issue, not a heart issue. :) Especially since it hammered back down to low 140s. Average HR could probably be a little lower if not for that. Next highest max was 164.

THIS is what running with tired legs feels like. Only times my legs felt this tired last cycle were if I did a good solid workout after the Saturday run.

Despite tired legs, last two miles were accelerating: 8:43 @ 154 (mostly downhill), 9:02/mile @ 155 (mostly flat) Oops.

To me this confirms what I thought last cycle, which is that I run better after two days in a row. I'm pretty dang happy with 10 seconds difference on two back to back days at a lower HR. :) I went back and looked... On Sat/Sun pairs, the second run is as good or better pace wise, and HR wise as well.


Mild stiffness and soreness after the run during the day, but nothing significant.

I'll add the tempo run this week and a bit more mileage on the weekend, then we'll see when I take a down week to make sure I don't cause myself any problems. May also start adding the gym back in this week.

11.14 miles in 1:43:19 (9:16/mile) @ 150 bpm avg.

No comments: