Wednesday, August 26, 2009

8/26 Run

First run trying the new strategy of getting up to run before work. Now that I have to WORK at work, I need to play with my schedule a bit.

One of the hardest runs I've had in months. It was just sadistically brutal. I thought Tuesday's run was bad, but this was worse. Left thigh felt like it might cramp, calves tightened up and ached from mile 3 on.

I'm taking Thursday off and going to be early tonight after some quality time with a foam roller.

It makes all the walk breaks and slow running easier to know that I can run faster when I race though. :)

6.17 miles in 1:03:48 (10:20/mile) @ 142 bpm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working at work...brutal. You get used to the early running thing. Takes a few weeks to get used to getting up early though.