Friday, August 14, 2009

8/14 Run

A much better run than Tuesday and Thursday, by far. Slow, but felt decent. Cool and 60 degrees. Counterclockwise around the lake for some variety.

Center for Wooden Boats was doing a peapod sailing class for kids by Zymo. Looks fun.

6.11 miles in 1:02:12 (10:11/mile) @ 142 bpm

Signed up for the Lake Union 10K next Sunday. Why not. It's pretty close to my home ground, and barring something bizarre, I should be able to put in a PR with 48 minutes of work. :) I'd really like to break 48. I was close last week around the lake and Wednesday around the block at home, so I might be able to pull it off.

The route is pretty close to what I run normally, but I'm going to need to map the variations and try to run it next week. Race is Sunday. I'm thinking I'll run normally Monday through Thursday and then take Friday off for a full two days of rest. Maybe a short 3 miler on Friday to keep things loose.

When I mentioned the race Val was actually interested in run/walking the 10K distance. It was too soon for her to ramp up, but I think she's committed herself to the 4 mile Run at the Super Jock and Jill Half Marathon Labor Day weekend. Yay! (She also got a new PR for the Bench Press this week (110# for 2 reps)(And a 165# Deadlift last week!) Yay!)

I was prepared to run the 10K with her instead of race it, so this works out well since after 2 months of no run over 6ish miles I'm in no way prepared for a half.

I finally got caught up entering runs at Breaking the Tape and realized my mileage this year topped last years a few hundred miles ago. Cool. I might break 1500 miles this year. Also cool. :)

2008: 838.8 miles
2009 (YTD): 1125.64 miles

No comments: