Saturday, August 29, 2009

8/28 Run

Better. Much better.

Apparently one of the things I did over the last couple of days helped bring back my mojo.

First, I took an extra day off, and since I ran in the morning on Tuesday it was almost like taking an extra day and a half, or that's how it felt anyway.

Second, I was finally able to get my Vytorin (for cholesterol. yes, at 36. Genetics. It's a bitch.) prescription filled. Tag with the pharmacy, waiting til the last minute, tag with the doc meant I missed 4ish days. I don't know it it had anything to do with how I felt, but I felt better within hours of taking it.

Finally, I cracked the box on the last pair of Mizunos I had, and took a pair of brand new kicks out for a spin. Pair #1 has 450 miles on them, and Pair #2 is around 390. Felt very nice, but they'll be even more comfortable once I get another 30 mile son them and get the lacing tension set properly.

Got up at 5 and had to wrangle Toby. There were either 'coons out in the neighbors yard and tress, (or the worlds largest house cats), and it took a while to talk him into coming back inside. Finally on the road a touch late at 5:40ish.

Went clockwise around the block, and at my regular 75% HR pace. First mile felt great, and the whole run worked pretty well. The last three miles I was fighting the desire to run faster and heart rate drift, and didn't do a particularly good job controlling it. As you can see from the splits I just turned up my tunes and ignored the anguished beeping from Garmy. Average was still at the max goal of 143, but the goal is to keep all the runs <= that. That being said, I've read in a couple of places recently that the max aerobic HR may be as high as 80%. Whatever. It was a good run. One of those energizing runs. Until I stopped moving anyway. :) Need to rework my breakfast strategy I think.

Saw one of Kaitlyn's favorite teachers from school out for her morning walk around halfway through. Also remembered hearing on of the "Ride the Ducks" tour guides saying Monday that "Seattleites refer to the Burke-Gilman Trail as the spandex highway". I found it amusing. I've never actually heard anyone call it that, but some ggoling finds a few references. Heh. :)

Depending on how I feel tomorrow (Saturday) morning, I'll be running either 6 or 10 I realized I was considering running the Oktoberfest Half Marathon in Leavenworth October 3rd. Guess I need to start training for that. Doh. I may look for something a few weeks later instead. And less of a pain to travel to.

6.17 miles in 1:01:19 (9:56/mile) @ 143 bpm
9:35 @ 133
10:06 @ 144
9:34 @ 143
10:14 @ 144
10:11 @ 146
9:54 @ 145
1:44 (10:24 pace) @ 147

No comments: