Tuesday, August 11, 2009

8/11 Run

After a great run on Monday, I had said that I was finally consistently under 10 min/mile.  Not so much.  Obviously the last few days caught up with me.

About the same weather conditions as Monday, mid 60s and cloud, but no rain.

6.13 miles in 1:02:57 (10:15/mile) @ 142 bpm

All sorts of odd aches and twinges, most of which worked themselves out over the course of the run fortunately.  I felt just clump and off.  Lots of walking to keep the heart rate down, especially compared to yesterdays run.  It was just unpleasant from mile 4 on.

The run still worked it’s magic with my mental state, despite how frustrating the run was.  Saw ponytail gal just gliding up Eastlake as I was plodding down at mile 5 or so.  I was… annoyed… by the ease at which she, and just about every other runner was moving along. 

And that’s why I go out for another run.

No comments: