Tuesday, August 11, 2009

8/10 Run

After 4 days "off" I was really ready for a run.  The last 4 days were full of family and friends, work on the house, trying to deal with my brother’s newly discovered degenerative eye disorder, and assorted other stuff.

I knew I was really off as I totally overreacted to the fact that I had misconfigured the first new to me computer I’ve ordered in 10 years.  Apparently if you don’t pay attention when you try to add a Personal Media Bay to an HP you can end up with an external drive only.

Nice day for a run, weather wise, 66ish, cloudy and overcast.  Once I got started moving I could really feel that I had a lot of pent up energy, and that feeling kept with me the whole run.  I was twitchy and had a lot of trouble keeping pace and staying steady.  I think the biggest advantage of multiple days of running in a row is that it settles me down and helps make me more efficient.

Saw the female runner with the distinctive gait, as I seem to every couple of days.  Actually, I saw her pony tail over some cars before I saw her. :) No idea how women with long hair can put up with that.

So… How discreet would a van pulling up to your house emblazoned with logos for “Pleasure Parties: Discreet Parties for Women”.  The van pulled up beside me near Speedy Reedy, and I thought it was a bit amusing. :)

Decided at some point that my hat was actually making me hotter, so I tucked it into the back of my shorts and ran with it off.  I felt like I had discovered the coolest thing ever.  The simple pleasures I suppose.  :)

The drizzle started around mile 4 and was more than welcome.

The kids were kayaking by Zymo again.  They looked much more comfortable and confident than the last time I saw them.  Made my whole day.  Just after someone was cutting English Ivy.  A distinctive smell full of memories of doing work for my grandparents every summer.

6.13 miles in 1:00:59 (9:57/mile) @ 142

It all felt much better after a run.  I don’t have it solved, but it’s all soluble again.  And that’s the best ting with the running.  It may not solve the problem, but it helps put things back into perspective again.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ha! That truck is hilarious!