Friday, August 14, 2009

8/12 Run

I hate it when work interferes with my running. :) Our new corporate overlords were in town and I got to spend 4 hours in the first orientation session to our new company. Needless to say this ate into my scheduled lunch run, and once the meeting was done real work needed to get done. :)

After all of that, and the evening routine, the last thing I wanted to do at 9:30 was go out and run. But I sucked it up and wandered out of the house. Since Val wanted me to bring my phone, I cranked up some good tunes as I walked down to the start point, and decided to run this one fast. Just record the HR data and see what I could do.

I'm well aware that this isn't the best strategy for a speed workout, especially if you look at the paces that McMillan recommends, but I just wanted to blow out the carbon, as well as finish the run and get home.

I'm finding that with all the stuff to do, including house and playing with my new computer, that dedicating the time to the fitness stuff is harder. I do need to find the time to do the workouts though, as I am starting to feel aches and twinges around knees and hips from my IT Band, something that goes away when I'm working out regularly.

I went ahead and let the hammer down, and set a new PR for course and distance. Now I just need to get a 10K scheduled so I can get an official PR. :) I ran the block counter-clockwise from 110th. The biggest challenge with running the route this direction is the hill up 110th, which feels more impressive and painful in person than it does when you look at it in a mapmyrun elevation chart. :) I managed to do the ~130 feet of elevation gain in .5 miles or so at an 8:00 pace or so. I'm pretty happy. :)


6.22 miles in 48:15 (7:45/mile) @ 173 bpm avg..

No comments: