Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7/3 Short Workout

Decided to take advantage of the holiday and go to the gym and see Val workout. Dropped Kaitlyn off at Kids Club and we both went and started to work out.

I felt really light on my feet and energetic. The front planks weren't as miserable as normal, and the box jumps, especially the single leggers, were much easier than normal. Probably from only running 9 miles last week. :)

By the time I finished my core and leg stuff (about 45 minutes since we had left K) they were calling for us and I had to go home. It just wasn't Kaitlyn's day, when was pretty clingy to the playroom manager, and once more kids came in and she couldn't give here on-on-one she melted down.

We went home and settled down, and then I did 5 sets of 20 pushups, I was on my knees by the middle of the 3rd set, but they got done.

Then I got to spend my afternoon in the Dentists chair getting an unplanned root canal, for a tooth that had decided it had had enough.

Not entirely sure how a 45 minute workout can tear me up more than a marathon did, but this one did. It could be the antibiotics (which are royally playing hob with my system (random aches and pains, etc), just like the last dose), or it could be the time in the chair, but it really felt like the workout. Calves, abs, etc.

Initial Pushup Set: 33

2 sets as supersets
Front Planks - 80 seconds
Side Planks -50 seconds
C1: Stability Ball Crunches (5 second hold) - 10 reps
C2: Stability Ball Forward Rolls (5 second hold) - 10 reps

PlyoBox Step Ups and Jump Ups
P1: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Front - 10 reps each leg
P2: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways - 10 reps each leg
P3: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways Twist - 10 reps each leg
J1: 18" PlyoBox Jumps - 3 sets - 10 reps
J2: 12" PlyoBox Single Leg Jumps- 3 sets - 10 reps each leg
J3: 24" PlyoBox Jumps - 10 reps

J2, P1, P2, P3, J1, P1, P2, P3, J1, J3x2

No comments: