Thursday, July 30, 2009

7/28 Run

Tuesday's run was a not particularly spectacular run on the treadmill to avoid the heat. Gym is having towel issues, so I just sweated all over their equipment instead. :) (I wiped it off... I'm not a complete slob. :))

6.0 miles @ 0% in 1:00:00 (10:00 min/mile pace) @ 151 bpm avg

Moved the incline back down to 0% per the article I liked yesterday, and not surprisingly, when I think about it, my HR is now about what I expect it to be at the 10 min/mile pace.

Another advantage to running the fixed pace is that I can better see the effect of time on my HR. It was interesting to see the HR change at 3 miles in, which I think I've commented about before. The first half was at roughly 148 bpm, the second half was almost exactly 156 bpm.



As an aside:
An open letter to the gal on the treadmill in front of me. While I appreciate scenery at the gym as much as the next person, and I appreciate your success in maintaining your body/gluteus maximus the growing fuddy-duddy/father in me would like to mention that if your ass eats your shorts that you might want feed your ass a different meal as nylon isn't very nutritious, or, possibly, to get a different size of shorts that don't require our constant attention. Thank you. :)

No comments: