Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not a Long Run

3 miles in 27:59 (9:19/mile)

This was originally planned to be an 8 miler on Saturday. Val pointed out that if I need to take a Vicodin because I was so uncomfortable, that I probably shouldn't run, an let my body take care of itself.

I thought I was going to run 5 this morning instead, but Val talked me down to 3 with Toby so I would go nice and slow. Toby may have hurt himself though. Not sure if it was the run, or the heat. It was 78 by the time I got back at 9:30.

It's hard to not get married to the plan, or not get annoyed that this was the the lowest mileage week I've had in 2 months. I'm better with it now. It's just an early taper for the 4th.

splits:
mile1 - 9:24
mile2 - 9:12
mile3 - 9:23

2 comments:

*lisa* said...

I'm siding with the wife on this one - I love my plan, too, but if you're not careful and injure yourself you might have to forgo the plan entirely. Be safe!

Laura said...

Sorry I got behind on reading in the last week! Hope you're feeling better soon.