Monday, June 16, 2008

Chi Running Class

3ish miles in 28ish minutes

"I" gave an introductory class on Chi Running to the club and then we went out for a run, so we could experiment with some of the techniques. A very interesting introduction, and it may be worth getting the book, or god forbid, going to a library. :)

Essentially the techniques introduced involved correct posture, correct lean (a slight lean to take advantage of gravity), rapid foot strike cadence, heel lift, and arm movement. It will take some practice of each technique, but it might be worth the time.

Also had a discussion about long run hydration systems. "I" prefers to use something similar to this. Better load balance, and no chafing in the back. I've been considering this, the Nathan 2V. I'll have to think about it some more. Any reviews/input would be welcome. Val says she's willing to do water resupplies even if I hand carry bottles, but I'd prefer not to make her haul Kaitlyn around any more than she has to.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I still haven't tried a fuel belt, but I probably should. For my long run this weekend, which was an out-and-back, I carried a water bottle with me on the way out, and noted all the possible little convenience stores where I could stop to buy water on the way back. I stopped four times! Probably not good for my endurance to keep doing that...