Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hilly Limbo Run

4 miles in 32:35 ( 8:09/mile)

This wasn't supposed to be a super speedy workout. I started out well, didn't trash myself going up the long hill, and was able to push back through the short evil hill, and not lose too much time. I probably should have slowed down, but my willpower for that isn't so good, when I'm already at speed. Or if I've just pissed away another few hours fighting a stupid Oracle problem. I mentally turned it into a Limbo Run instead. We'll see if I do a 'speed' workout tomorrow or not.

I was a little worried this morning that I'd have trouble running. I had a horrible charlie horse just before I got out of bed, but walking down from the bus must have worked out the worst of the kinks. That and the warm temps. It was sunny and 67. One of the weather sites says their 'rel feel' was 76, which I could believe. I've been spoiled this year. Laura's going to have an interesting time on Sunday, apparently we're looking at 64 for the low, 80 for the high. Ah, our 3 days of summer. :) BTW, Laura, when are you coming in to town?

splits:
mile1 - 8:29
mile2 - 8:18
mile3 - 8:08
mile4 - 7:41

No comments: