Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Friendlier Runners

4 miles in 34:27 (8:36/mile)

Did the hilly out and back up Eastlake at lunch. A little later than normal. Not sure if it was that or doing Eastlake, but there were a LOT of runners out, and I think everyone was friendly and waved.

I'm super happy with how consistent I was on my splits. Maybe I'm learning to hold a pace. My HR right after stopping was 132 which is right about where it should be for 70% MHR. How am I supposed to do this if I don't have a monitor? Stop and take my pulse? I sure can't take it when I'm running. How often? Anyway.

For some reason this article made me think of Laura over at Absolut(ly) Fit. :)

splits:
mile1 - 8:27
mile2 - 8:48 (hills)
mile3 -8:47 (hills)
mile4 - 8:26

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sorry I'm so behind on catching up, but thanks for the tips! That really may be my (accidental) secret, as I always try really hard to eat healthy even as I'm killing my liver with alcohol :)