Thursday, June 26, 2008

Watchless Run

3.1 in 27:00ish

Had a crazy morning and forgot to put on my watch. Took my cell phone to get rough times, because I'm not quite to the point that I can "just run".

Got up early so I could go to the dentist and get the porcelain cap put on the root canal I had 2 weeks ago, and have a cleaning. On the way out of the bathroom I noticed a rash on my back and had Val take a look, then we realized there was some under my armpit and more on my chest.

Got to the dentist, they put on the cap, but the cleaning turned into a Deep Cleaning. (Since when do they use mini pressure washers to clean your teeth. I think I miss the scrapers. Ow!) And I get to have 2 more cleaning followups, and 4 or 5 more root canals. Joy.

Already late for work, so I wandered over to the Everett Clinic and had them take a look. Shingles. Effing shingles. Turns out that the pain behind my shoulder blade was really this starting up. I guess the fact that the pain hasn't really diminished should have been an indicator something else was going on. Gotta love a disease that has the word excruciating in the first two paragraphs of the description.

So now Paris Hilton and I have something in common. A prescription for Valtrex. (Probably for different reasons, but on never knows.) My life is complete. Fuck. The pain has not been excruciating, but I was getting pretty uncomfortable about an hour ago. I took a Vicodin left over from the dentist, and once I finish a few blog entries I'm going to bed.

Went for the run a little later than normal, thanks to all of the above events, and since I didn't get a bite to eat till 1145. Nice, sunny, 67 degree day. I really need to try some of these new spray on sunscreens, because I look like a bird pooped on me if I'm not paying attention when I put normal sunscreen on.

Saw the coolest jog stroller by Baby Jogger, with a bassinet instead of a normal seat. It's pretty darn cool. Never seen one like that before. Here's the product list, it's like the Black Bassinet/Pram picture.

I think someone is paying attention to the fact that a lot of people run up Westlake. There as a sideboard out advertising the Seattle Marathon in November with a a bin for packets (empty).

Was able to successfully identify a Wheaten Terrier someone was walking. My dad had one that he gave to a loving family when he couldn't take care of her at the beginning to this year. Pretty dogs. Cut a little differently that the example in the link above, but very good looking.

Saw another cool yacht at the same place I saw the last one, but I'll throw that in a separate post, later.

Had a low impulse control day food wise with all the other stress from the morning. We had an Ice Cream Social for our summer interns. I had ice cream. Lots of it. I didn't go back for seconds, though so I guess I was good.

No comments: