Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hill Run and Pushups

4 miles in 35:11 (8:47/mile)

I really had some motivation problems about going out today. Once I got out and moving I was fine, but just getting down to the locker room, and getting changed took some mental effort.

It was a little warmer out than I thought it would be which was a nice surprise. I tried to take it easy since I've got a race on Saturday. We'll see if I can keep it slower tomorrow. :)

Not a particularly interesting run overall. I felt pretty good while I was moving, and nobody tried to run me over. One of the things mentioned at the chi running class was to really work your arms on hills. Supposedly it helps. I'm not sure I was doing it 'right', but some exaggerated arm swings seemed to help.

Lisa mentioned this One Hundred Pushups thing that's going around. I'm thinking I'll give it a shot starting next Monday. Did 21 for my initial assessment.

splits:

mile1 - 8:55
mile2 - 8:42 (despite the hill; apparently I can handle them better with arm swing and lower speed)
mile3 - 8:53 (except for the soul crushing short steep return hill :))
mile4 - 8:40

No comments: