Saturday, June 7, 2008

Long Rainy Run

7.39 miles in 1:05:05 (8:48/mile)

Pleasant, albeit chilly, wet run. Rainy, drizzly at 50 degrees. No negative self talk this run, compared to last week, I just ran. Just long and cold. Got out late, didn't start till 1000.. Kaitlyn was nice enough to let us all sleep in, which was really nice since Val and I actually watched a movie last night. :)

The top of my right knee hurt a little when I got back, and I felt the tendon on the bottom of my right foot a few times during the run. It seemed a little tight as I ran. Everything seemed to go away as soon as I took my shower.

Weighed in at 170 before I left. Had a 8oz glass of OJ before I left (had a few minutes having to remap the run to let it settle). Brought along a water bottle, and tried to drink every half mile or so. Ended up having 16 oz total on the run. Came back at 169, so still down a pound of water weight. For a grand total of 2 1/2 pounds of water loss. I don't think I could have had much more water over an hour though. I didn't feel bloated or full, but I was a little 'rumbly'. Not sure how to describe it. It could be that I was just hungry too. Belched after every sip, not sure if that's normal, but vaguely annoying.

Caught about every other stop light, which was really effing annoying.

splits:
mile1 - 8:38
mile2 - 8:42 (the only real hill on this run)(had to tie my shoe around 1.5 miles)
mile3 - 8:38
mile4 - 8:31
mile5 - 9:38 (an extra 0.03 because I wanted to keep moving, much more slowly, though)
mile6 - 9:13 (at least 20 seconds waiting on a light)
mile7 - 8:59
(0.36) - 0:02:47

No comments: