Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Older Runners

3.1 miles in 27:12 (8:46/mile)

This felt like a nice slow easy run. I was able to talk to my boss about my Dad, work, etc. and keep pace. I felt like I was a little heavy on my legs the last mile or so, though. I don't object to the 52 degree running weather we've had (except for a brief hot spell a few weeks ago), but even I'm almost ready for some 70s. :) Went out in on of my new sleeveless tops from Brooks, and didn't feel completely self conscious, so I think I'll keep them. Got them at the Brooks outlet for $10 a piece, so hard to argue with price wise.

As I was walking back in, I saw a 'pack' of about 5 older gentlemen. Youngest must have been 60, all running, probably faster than I had been earlier. I hope I can be running as well at that age.

Kaitlyn seems to be feeling mostly better, but she's more clingy, and a bit more easily frustrated than normal, so she's not 100% yet.

splits:
mile1 - 9:03
mile2 - 8:51
mile3 - 8:30
0.1 - 0:49 (8:20 pace)

HR a bit after finishing: around 132

No comments: