Friday, October 30, 2009

Packing for Carkeek

Spent an hour or so Thursday night packing for Carkeek. I'm totally overpacked, but better safe than sorry, right? :) It's not like I've got to carry it around on my back... If I get lucky I might even get a good spot and

Of course, now that I have listened to the weather, I'm going to have to add some more short sleeved shirts to the clothing box since they are now saying 41- 60 (60 really!?) with the rain ending early afternoon (making it perfect for the trick or treaters!)

Because this is a blog and I can type endlessly and bore people, here's my packing list. If you think I've missed anything obvious I'd REALLY appreciate a shout out.

+ Change of clothes for after race. Everything from skivvies to sweatshirt. Nice wide toebox shoes for after(my Brooks Beasts)(also alternate wet shoe pair #3). And a nice large towel to dry off with

+ New Duracell USB Battery charger, and charging cable for Garmin. I didn't realize until a few weeks ago that the cable attached to the wall charger for the Garmin was actually a USB cable. This means I can use a portable battery to recharge the Garmin, since it's only rated at 8 hours of battery life. We'll see how that works. Supposedly it still tracks data even if you can't use the display when charging.

+ Day Of clothes, to include headlamp, jacket, Garmin (charged), and Body Glide.

+ Spare/Dry Clothes: including tights, Brooks running pants, socks, extra pair of shoes, shorts, long sleeve and short sleeved shirts, watch cap and wool gloves.

+ First Aid kit, and extra tape, bandaids, instant cold compress. (I had some of this stuff in my box o' stuff and decided to throw it in.

+ Blister Supplies. A new addition. I've blistered pretty badly on both marathons (Right foot, inside ball and bog toe). I figured I should bring along some supplies.

+ Small towel to try off with during shirt changes.

I've gotten all wishy washy and can't make up my mind about what fuel belt to bring. (I'm just twitchy, and obsessing is how it expresses itself. :)) I'm leaning towards the single. With the pouches from the double, and my handheld in my drop bag in case I need/want some variety in fluids, while having the option of both while running. Yeah. That's it. Or I'll just bring both. It's not like I'm not already overpacked :)

No comments: