Thursday, October 22, 2009

10/14 Carkeek Run

I'm a week behind, and getting more behind. Not sure how that happened. :) Short summaries of the last few runs to get caught up, I suppose.

Wednesday's run was the second take at Carkeek. The plan was for another Facebook driven meetup, but we had an extremely blustery, rainy day, and Betsy cancelled the gathering. I decided to go ahead and go. If nothing else, I needed to try out my shoes in the rain and mud. :) Of course, by the time I got there it was clear and not raining. :)

I had to work from home for the day thanks to Toby, so it was nice to get out and stretch my legs. The beast needed a trip to the vet to check on the constant licking of his front left paw. He probably scuffed himself or something, and the licking managed to give him skin a infection. Cone head, sock, antibiotics, and benadryl for you, buddy!

4 laps again. First lap was a bit fast, even with walking the 'hill of doom' from the beginning. Stopped to move a downed tree off the trail by the snag at around mile 1.5 on the second lap, since I knew I wasn't going to have the energy to go over later. Got my first slug kill too, on lap three. :| Sorry, buddy.

New socks seem to be comfortable, but a lot wetter than I expected. not sure if it's the socks or it's the Goretex in the shoes not breathing like my other shoes. Felt some nail pinching on one toe, but no blood. Probably trimmed a little close.

7.40 miles in 1:34:35 (12:38/mile) @ 165 bpm

No comments: