Wednesday, October 7, 2009

10/5 Run

I had planned on running on the weekend, and I just didn't make the appropriate time for it. It turned into a I'll get some extra sleep, I'll run at lunch. Val's not feeling well, I'll run after dinner. It's late and I and to go to bed kind of day.

Monday was the first run in my new Skins compression shorts. I think I'm sold. I hauled myself out the door around 9 and did a lap counterclockwise around the block. Temp was in the 50s, but hey, no rain!

The Skins really did seem to work well as far as keeping my thighs fresh. I actually felt the run in my calves and lower core (back, abs) instead of my legs.

Too fast again, I really need to get a handle on my speed. Don't know if it was te Skins of 2 days off, or what. Seemed like the net tick down on the speed meter was 9:15 and that was slower than I wanted. I let my speed stay up coming own the long hill in 132nd, but kept an eye on my HR, keeping it t around 153, which seemed about right for the run I was trying to do.

6.19 in 54:57 (8:53/mile) @ 154 bpm avg.

No comments: