Monday, October 26, 2009

10/26 Run

After a week off I finally got back on the road. I met Bruce in the locker room just as he was about to head out, so we ran together to the Fremont Bridge. The Garmin was bitchy about getting satellites so I ran till just before we parted ways blind. I'm estimating that we ran the first 1.3 at 8 minute pace, but it may have been faster. I was actually able to have a conversation with Bruce at that pace though, so I've definitely improved since last year. :)

My HR was sky high. I think Garmy lost his mind, but [possibly not. I ran the Lake Union 10K at 93% MHR (174 bpm), and I've been feeling a bit off, so it might just make sense, I suppose. Calves were trashed after the first few miles, and finally came back around mile 5. Left hamstring is a bit tight. Some time on the roller and a hot bath I think... Got lucky on the run and missed the rain. We'll see how things look tomorrow. :) Went with the long sleeve shirt to experiment and see if it's going to work for Carkeek since the weather and temp are supposed to be pretty similar.

~6.18 miles in ~53:14 (8:37/mile) @ 171 bpm (91% MHR DOH!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting about the heart rate, but I think it does go up if you're sick.

Sorry about your cat. I'm a cat lover myself and miss having one.