Saturday, October 31, 2009

Carkeek Instant Race Report

Full race report to follow when my brain starts working again.

My first ultra done!

An amazing experience. I'm still dealing with mild brain melt, and emotional sensitivity. Marathon was something like 6:39... So, over 2 hours slower than my current worst. :)

Ran to 11:20:39 of 12:00:00.

Completed 21 laps. 40.53 miles. 9030 feet of elevation gain (and descent).
16:46/mile pace. 149 bpm average

Came home and Trick or Treated with Kaitlyn for a little bit (which was probably good to work out some kinks after the drive). Then came home and had a long shower and most of a loaf of garlic bread and a big batch of spaghetti.

Only lost 2.8 pounds, so my hydration plan worked. Now to drink 2.8+ pounds of fluids. :) And then sleep!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Great job completing your first ultra! That's a tough course and type of race for a first ultra. Congrats