Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1/30 Run

A very late run on Friday. Went to the gym to workout first once Kaitlyn went to sleep, so I got a late start. Hammered out the workout and then instead of running on the treadmill, I decided to try something different. Filled up my handheld, threw my gear in the car and ran outside. I got started around 1015pm, and ran around the 'block' and then drove home.

It was just warm enough for compression shorts and long sleeve technical shirt. Gloves would have been nice, and so would a holster for the iPhone. Again, Pandora was a nice musical background. Only had to fast forward once, and bookmarked two new songs.

A very nice run overall. 1:08:16 (11:03/mile) for 6.18 (Garmin matches my mapmyrun/gmap-pedometer distance perfectly) at an average heart rate of 150 (max should be 154). Remembered to turn on auto lap, so I have splits, and they were pretty consistent, best was 10:28, works was 11:31. All aerobic. Much faster times than inside. Different muscles combinations on the treadmills? Lower temp?

No comments: