Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/14 Run

Saturday was one of those days where my body just didn't want to play. I took a nap when Kaitlyn went down since I was so tapped out, and woke up with a mild case of nausea, and an incipient case of diarrhea.

I fought my way through it and tried to get to the gym after Kaitlyn went down. I elected for the treadmill because of the intestinal issues and readily available access to the bathroom. I managed to do 3.5 of the 15 scheduled miles. I just had no energy, I was tasting dinner, etc.

I was pretty pissed when I came home, and fortunately Val was able to talk me down. And later, at least the nausea came back when I was in the shower, so I knew I wasn't a hypochondriac. Between that and a miserable night's sleep, I was able to write the run off.

I've been using running as an attempt to define myself, and it makes it hard to 'fail'. As Val pointed out, no one but me is even going to remember that I had to bail out of a run in a week.

Still fighting this on Monday, so we'll see if the workout/run happen this evening.

No comments: