Friday, February 13, 2009

2/13 Run and Workout

Ran solo around the lake on Friday, Blake forgot his shoes, so no joy there. Did 7.15 miles in 1:12:29 (10:08/mile) 149 avg bpm. Another pleasant run around the lake. Garmin actually picked the satellites up in a reasonable amount of time, so I didn't look like a complete dumb ass standing around in front of the building staring at my wrist in the wind.

About 2.5 miles into the run I saw someone I recognized heading the other direction on the Burke-Gilman. We exchanged waves and 'Hey!'s. It then took me 3.5 miles to come to the 95% certainly that she works at Toby's doggy daycare. I can never remember her name, so it makes it harder to remember context.

Read something recently about online dating: "Attractive, Intelligent, Sane. Pick 2". Made me chuckle. I wonder which 2 Val says she got. :)

I'm thinking I have a mild case of shinsplints. Same symptoms as 6 or 8 months ago, and just like then I 'm terrified it might be a stress fracture. We'll see how it all pans out.

Made blueberry pancakes Thursday night because it was the only stuff we had in the house. I'd forgotten how yummy they are.

Went to the gym for an evening workout. It was nice and quiet at the gym, maybe because it was Friday?

Did the standard workout but added leg lifts, and planks while waiting for the functional trainer to come free.
Also added on some weight assisted pull ups 5@60, 5@78

No comments: