Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2/25 Run and Workout

Went home early to spend some time with Val on her BDay. We had lunch and talked, and then decided to go to the gym together. Something that doesn't happen all that often what with needing to take care of the child and all. :)

Did my full workout with Val's help/spotting. The forward ball roll felt much easier, and actually seemed to engage by core instead of my arms. I ended up doing the squats a little heavier than Monday, which was fine, but my wussy arms had trouble hauling the 30# weights around. :) Val had me try a couple of her exercises, and she dusted the gym floor with me. One was some sadistic ball roll that isolated your abs as you pulled your knees up to your chest, and the other was a chest press on the functional trainer. That I had to lower the weights to do. :)

7 miles on the treadmill. Decided to eff the slow pace the crappy indoor heart rate, that I get when I run inside, and set the 'mill at 6.0 (10min/mile) and 1% and left it there. Val went off and did something psychotic like 90 flights of stairs on the stair thing, some running, and some elliptical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you and your wife workout together. My boyfriend will not run with me. ;) Does your gym have free daycare? I think that's a nice thing to offer.

Aaron Cunningham said...

It's nice to at least have her in the same space when we workout.

Who can run with you speedy? Does he at least do some of your lifting?

We just tried out the daycare this weekend. Worked pretty well.