Monday, February 23, 2009

2/23 New Workout

A day off from running after the long run, but went to the gym for the last PErsonal Training session and got a new workout.

Ow.

I'm going to like this one more than my old one, which I really wasn't that fond of, but it's going to be a work for the next few weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do in a few weeks. I'm out of sessions, so we'll see. I'm thingking I can adapt soem of what I've gotten, and play with some of the Runners World core workouts and come up with some on my own. I'm considering trying to bang out the 100 pushups, 200 situps and getting to 5 pullups, so if nothing else, those plus some core will keep me busy.

New workout
Core and Balance
2 sets of
Ball crunches - 3 count up, hold for 2 counts; 20
Forward Ball Rolls - 3 counts out, hold for 2 counts; 20
Plyo Box Step Ups - 10 each leg
Plyo Box Step Ups - Sideways - 10 each leg
Plyo Box Step Ups - Twisting - 10 each leg
Ply Box Jumps - 3 sets of 10

Strength
2 sets in each Superset
Chest - Ball DB Chest Press @ 25# - 10
Chest - Slow Count Pushups -12
Back - DB Rows @ 15 - 10
Back - Free Motion Pulldowns @ 15 - 10
Shoulders - Overhead Press @ 12.5 - 10
Shoulders - Lateral Arm Raises @ 5# - 12
Legs - Squats w 27.5 DBs - 10
Legs - Ball Leg Extension - 12

No comments: