Thursday, February 19, 2009

2/18 Run

Another great solo run around the lake. 6.26 miles in 1:00:17 (9:38/mile) @ 148 bpm average. Would have been faster, but I still need to figure out the "etiquette" for timing myself on urban runs.

Should I stop the time when I'm waiting at the light? I suppose so, since the goal is to evaluate my time running, but somehow it feels like cheating. :)

The best part of the run, statistically anyway, was that there were 3 miles that were 9:15 or under! Now one of those was on a very pleasant downhill, but the first two were on nice flats, and with some uphill. Now I just need to get to the point that I can hold that a little longer. :) Time for some long runs!

It was a gorgeous 50 degrees or so, and apparently the temperature brought out the rollerbladers. I saw a pair of them total, which struck me as odd since I haven't seen one since August. :) Also saw a dude out for a run with a pair of those huge headphones that the kids seem to like so much. :) Odd looking, and watching his head wobble around, it made me wonder how much those effing thing weigh.

Got passed coming up Eastlake, fortunately for my ego, before I had to walk a few seconds to get my heart rate down. (Damn you Eastlake hill, one day I will beat you!). I suspect she was a runner from the UW given the age and purple shirt. It was funny that as powerful as her legs were she had, to steal a term form someone on another blog., T-Rex Runners Syndrome. Amazing legs, no upper body to speak of. :)

Oddly enough, a Nutrigrain bar and a pair of Graham Cracker sheets have essentially the same nutritive value. Who knew.

2 comments:

Run For Life said...

Sounds like a wonderful run! Haha, that "T-Rex Syndrome" is hilarious.

Nic said...

I pause the clock when stuck at a light, I figure I balance it out by running in place while waiting, though I'm not sure that there is a right or wrong answer there :-)