Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2/24 Run

Decided to switch it up and went counter clockwise around Lake Union. In my opinion, this is the more difficult direction. 6.41 miles in 1:03:45 (9:56/mile) @ 148 bpm average. There's a lot of uphill early when you run it in this direction that makes it a slower run. Despite that it was a very nice run, the rain paused and the sun came out over lunch.

Combine the uphill with a frustrating detour near the Fremont Bridge since they were doing some sort of work the necessitated closing the pedestrian walkway, and had me parked at a light cooling down for a while, and it made for a slower run than I'm used to around the lake. I did expect it, but still...

I'm planning on running all three weekday runs counter clockwise, unless I actually run with a partner. It will give me a chance to try and beat the Eastlake hill from a different direction. :)

Running this direction is a nice change of scenery, and there are a couple of spots where you are looking down the lake at the skyline of Seattle that are really pretty neat. I'm surprised I haven't ever noticed them before.

Definitely sore form both the hills in the long run, and the workout last night. Legs and upper body both. The run helped shake things out overall but it will be interesting to see how the workout goes on Wednesday.

I'm trying out a new food and exercise tracker. I've been using an Excel spreadsheet to track my food intake during this whole process. It works OK, but it requires punching up my work laptop in the evenings to add dinner and stuff. I'm going to give LoseIt a try on the iPhone. It's pretty slick, but it does have some flaws, that Val and I have notices so far. I'll do a more detailed review as I spend more time with it.

1 comment:

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

if you ever run alki, let me know and ill come say hi!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com