Monday, February 9, 2009

2/9 Run

Snow (seriously, again, in Seattle?), so back to the gym. Spend a lot of time discussing some family b.s. with Val after Kaitlyn went to bed, so I didn't leave for the gym till 9pm. Which is fine on a weekend, but crappy on a weeknight, especially when I want to do a workout. Decided to bail on the workout and get the run in. (I'll try to do Tues, Thur, Sat this week instead of my normal schedule for workouts). I skipped Friday too for a similar reason. Time, and stress. Family is just so effing fun some times.

Did 6.5 miles in 1:13:04 (11:14/mile), 150 bpm avg. Got to watch Big Bang Theory for the first time. It was recommended to me a while ago. Not bad..I'd watch it on a run again, but I'm not going to TIVO it. :)

It felt really good to run, and it was even cooler to not have to worry about half a mile. I had some good tunes show up on Pandora at about 5.9, and decided to run to the end of the song, which put me at 6.15, then I got another, so I ran that out too. To 6.4. And who wants to end at 6.4...:) But I didn't have to worry about it, just did it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fammily issues are tough; those relationships are so fraught even if everything's hunkey dorey at the foundations. Thank god for running.