Thursday, January 29, 2009

Finally, A Run Around the Lake

My boss, Jim, got a Polar watch with foot pod and HR monitor, and has been badgering me the entire time I've been sick to do a run around the lake. We finally got out there on Wednesday. Nice run. Slow, but nice.

did 6.38 in 1:14 (11:35/mile ish) according to the Garmin (First time I've really been able to play with the GPS). The map generated in Training Center blows, but the data is pretty awesome! Need to figure out how to really stop a workout so I don;t accidentally hit the lap button and get 18 hours of nothing screwing up my charts. And making me go insane because it wouldn't import the data to the computer because it was still running.

HR got as high as 162 or so, which is higher than it should be by 8 points, and had to walk a couple times to bring it down. Dang hills. Average was 151, so that should help, right? :)

Stopped a couple of times to tie shoes shoes, for lights, walked for Jim's foot numbness issue, walked for my heart rate. Just a very relaxed run. In the 40s and very comfortable once we got running.

Changing the lacing seems to have solved the problems only have problems with the knee after sitting/getting up and the feet are just sore and healing.

No comments: